Saturday, November 12, 2011

Holiday Card Boot Camp Days 4 & 5

Wow, so much inspiration! So many cool techniques and "toys"....    Must. Use. What. I. Have. On. Hand.....  (yea, right!).

For the most part, I've stayed true to wanting to use what I have and not buy exactly what the pros are using/what's on the class supply list. I did make a trip to Michael's, A.C. Moore, and my local scrapbooking supply store, PhotoScraps, this week to get a few "must HAVE's", such as the Tim Holtz Distress Inks in the limited edition Holiday colors and the Martha Steward Dove punch. Just had to have them!

I believe the dove card is probably going to be the one I "mass produce" for the majority of people this year. It's elegantly simple and doesn't take a lot of time to put together, but is still handmade and gorgeous (If I do say so myself!)  It was originally designed as a card into which a holiday letter could be fit, but I doubt I'll do that...most likely it will look just as it does in the photo below.

Hope you're enjoying viewing my work as much as I'm having fun creating it!




No comments: