Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wow - 2009!

Seriously, I sort of forgot I had a blog to maintain - Facebook has become my new addiction as of late - I'm on there waaaay more often than I should even admit. So, here's what's been going on in my world:

Work: Very busy, but there's a light at the end of the no Admissions/Social Work Director tunnel. I am hoping that we will hire a new colleague for me to work with in January. I can't tell you how much that will help! I'll be able to do more of the fun, creative stuff and less of the icky stuff. Lost some very special residents these past few months, and that is always so difficult. But I do feel honored that I was able to spend some time with them and know them, if even for a short time.

Home: Always something to do that I don't feel like doing. Like cleaning. Or just de-cluttering. Or just moving off of sofa. Yes, it's that sad. On the upside, the house is still standing - with a puppy, there's always the possibility that it won't be! And with the high winds as of late...well, we lost our American Flag for a while as well as various & sundry other items that we had decorating our landscaping. So yes, it is good to have a place to call home.

Family: Bruce is still travelling to NC every week, but has been home for a couple of longer weekends due to the holidays. He continues to put up with me, so that's a positive thing, I think. Tori is...well, she's 16 and that about says it all. She's been dating Travis for 6 months, which is sort of freaking me out, but other than that, her life is all dance, voice & drama. She'll audition for the Spring Musical, "Thoroughly Modern Millie" later this month and then rehearsals will start for that, leaving her with little free time. What free time she does have will often be spent on homework and starting the college application process - or at least figuring out her top 5-7 schools so she can apply when the time comes. Right now, it's looking like Marymount Manhattan, Towson U, and Columbia College (Chicago) are her top 3. We'll just have to see how it all works out! Various members of my extended family have faced some real challenges in these past several months, and any prayers are very much appreciated!

Me: Um...still overweight and wanting to change that but not caring to put in the effort it requires (just being honest, here...). Heavily involved in the Fredericktowne Players' Board - come see "Grace & Glorie" the last weekend in January or the first in February at FCC!!! Trying to find time here & there to scrapbook and make cards. Very much enjoying the company of my friends when I can. Loving reconnecting with so many special people on Facebook - have found several folks from my high school days recently and we're planning some mini-reunions. I am really psyched for those! Have also reconnected with some Hood-lums through LinkdedIn and Faebook, and that is fun too!

So, those are the highlights. It's 2009, people! Time for a change, time to kiss crappy 2008 GOODBYE! Time for....well, let's just see what the New Year brings, shall we? Pease & love to all who have made it this far....post more soon!

No comments: