Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's been forever

since I posted anything. Facebook has overtaken my cyberspace life, I guess. And it has been very busy at work and with Tori's involvement in the LHS show, which ran last week/weekend.

Thanksgiving is already here - how weird! Time is just flying by. We're going to spend Thanksgiving with my family at Tim & Lisa's, and I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe it will help me clear my head of all the crap running through it as a result of Tori's student directing experience. Enough said in such a public forum...enough said in general. I have to let that poisonous stuff go!

Work remains very busy. The Frederick County Commissioners keep throwing around the possibility of privitizing the facility, which would be a huge mistake. But there it is, cropping up in the newspapers every now & then. So it's up to my colleagues and me to keep on keepin' on and do our best work to show them why we need a governmentally owned/run nursing home in Frederick. I do love my job, and the residents. Their families can be challenging, but what families aren't?!? They're facing giving over their loved one's care to us, strangers, and they're scared, or feeling guilty. They don't understand a lot of what goes into taking care of an ailing person. The payment system is complicated, and they are worried about paying for it all. I'd be a pain in the butt, too!

Anyway, between work and home, life is full. And I have to remember that it's generally a good life. Sure, there are bumps in the road. The hardest thing is overcoming the urge to protect Tori from all of the negative stuff. I can't - and shouldn't - do so. The sooner she realizes that there are people out there who you thought you could trust that will turn on you, or those who are supposed to help but hurt, the stronger she'll become. She's already learned lessons at age 16 that I didn't learn until I was in my 30's. I've told her that, and am trying to help her move forward. But I have to let go and move forward myself in order to help her. So onward I go......

No comments: