Monday, October 20, 2008

I've got the blues

And not from eating Kraft Mac & Cheese, either. It's Monday. A full work week looms ahead. Yuk. We are due for our annual survey by the State, and they may show up today. Double YUK. And I have a lot on my plate, including primary responsibility for admissions. Biggest YUK of all.

I'm trying to have a positive attitude about work. At least I have a job I generally love in these crummy economic times. At least I get to take Lucy in with me, and she cheers everyone up. At least I have a lot of flexibility and have a lot of fun things I get to do. At least I am not at DHMH anymore (now THAT was a nightmare of a place to work).

And it's Fall, my favorite season. The frost is on the pumpkins, and the air is crisp and finally cold enough for me. OK, so things are looking up....and I am fortunate enough to get four (count 'em, four) paid holidays in November because of Election Day and the day after Thanksgiving. And I have a wonderful loving family and a beautiful (if very small) roof over my head and food in the pantry.

OK, so life is pretty damn good. See, I knew I could turn things around!!! Blue no more (well, a lighter shade of blue anyway).

If only I could help Tori see the bright side - she dyed her hair last night to make it darker and it's....well....it's darker alright - pretty much black. And she hates it. And she's near tears. Oh dear. I think that this one may have to be remedied in the salon. She's been really lucky so far that of all the colors she's tried, she hasn't hated any of them. But this time...well, it's a huge change, from coppery blonde to black. But this, too, shall pass. And as I think I've written before, it's only hair. It can be changed.

Unlike the day of the week...it's Monday for the whole day!

No comments: