Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gina + Sylvia + margaritas = a wonderful evening




I hung out with two of my favorite people in the world, Gina & Syl last night at Syl's place in Columbia. We hadn't had time for a Margarita Night since - well, none of could remember, exactly...so it was long overdue. We try to do it at least every few months, but life is barrelling forward at a break-neck pace these days. The three of us all worked for the ACS at the same time several years ago. Gina and I met in 2000 when I was on the Frederick Relay For Life Committee as a volunteer and she was a staff person. We are both cancer survivors, diagnosed the same year (1998) so we clicked right away. She is truly the Lucy to my Ethel! It is her fault that I am a scrapbooking addict, and I love her for that.

I joined the ACS staff in March of 2001, and Sylvia did as well - we were in the same orientation group and discovered how much we had in common then. She worked in the Anne Arundel Co. office, so we didn't see each other extremely often, but when we got together we really enjoyed each others' company. One Friday after work in 2002, the three of us met at Chili's in Eldersburg for dinner & margaritas, and Margarita Night Was Born!!!

None of us now work for the ACS any longer, but we just love each other so much that we've kept the tradition going. Usually, we meet at Chilis, order three Presidente margaritas (one with salt, two without) and a queso skillet dip to share. Sometimes we eat dinner, sometimes not, but we ALWAYS end the evening with molten lava cake with 3 spoons...I've even scrapbooked this part!!! Anyway, last night Syl served us these decadent chocolate with vanilla ice cream bon-bons she got at Trader Joe's, and they were perfect at the end in place of lava cake! YUM!

So, I am still riding on the wave of happiness that I get when I'm with the two of them. They are amazing women, and I love 'em mucho!






No comments: