Sunday, September 14, 2008

Date Night

Bruce and I had the first date night together in waaayyyy too long. We went to see Burn After Reading, the new Coen Bros film and really enjoyed it. It was a bit bazarre, much like a Seinfeld episode the way it twisted and turned back around to meet itself.

Brad Pitt was hysterical - I'm really not a big Pitt fan, but he made me laugh out loud constantly. It was extremely well cast, and so much fun. The ending was a bit abrupt, but then again it sort of fit in with the whole timbre of the movie.

Go see it!!!

So then we hit Barley & Hops for dinner. It was nice to relax, have a craft-brewed beer (I had nut brown - yum) and eat a quiet dinner. We got to talk some things out and try to understand each other better, which is always a good thing. After almost 22 years of marriage, things can be interesting, to say the least!

Then we got home to watch the Season Premiere of SNL - not worth it. Other than the opening skit, with Tina Fey as Palin and Amy Poehler as Hillary, it was really crappy. Michael Phelps had no decent material to work with and I didn't bother for long. Even Weekend Update fell flat. They're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that to make it worth staying up so late. The puppy gets up at 5 or 6 even on weekends, so.....

that's it for now!

3 comments:

Kevin Cole said...

1) Dad saw Burn After Reading BEFORE me, which is annoying as I'm the only one of the two of us who enjoyed No Country For Old Men.

2) A better date idea... CHEECH AND CHONG AT THE WARNER THEATER!!!

3) I haven't seen last nights SNL yet, but I always feel ify about it when athletes host

Kit Murphy said...

Time for a MOBAC nit-pick -- the direcors' last name is Coen (check www.imdb.com).

Margie said...

I know - I saw that after I posted...and I can't figure out how to edit the post so it's right....