Sunday, August 24, 2008

The saddest day of the year for school kids

So school starts tomorrow, which means that today is full of angst. Tori had two girlfriends, Shelby & Rachael, over last night and they were all complaining mightily about how quickly the summer went by. It's hard for me to believe that she's starting her Junior year of high school - half-way through her LHS years. The new school is ready for the kids to get there, and it is lovely. But even the prospect of a brand new building isn't making it any easier for her to be ready to go back to school. I think that once the excitement of the fall show, football games, dances, and being with her friends every day builds, she'll be fine.

I spent a lot of time this weekend getting my scrapbook room organized and found out just how much scrap paper I have shoved into nooks & crannies in there. Now it's all organized, so I can use many of those scraps to make cards with my new Cricut machine (yes, I broke down and bought one...). So between the three QuiKutz machines I own and the Cricut, I'm really well set to do die cutting of letters & shapes. It's a lot of fun to play around with all of it, and now I actually have space in there to create.

Time to do a little bit of R&R to prep for a new work week....more later!

No comments: