Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thank God for Holiday Weekends!

Finally, it's 10 p.m. on the eve of a three-day Holiday weekend. Hooray! I can sleep in tomorrow (well, to the extent to which Lucy allows it) and take a nap if I need to. I do have to do mondo house cleaning as I have let everything go wayyyyy too long. But it shouldn't take too long to do that, really.

I spent the time while Tori was in rehearsal tonight taking Lucy to PetSmart and then to Baker Park to hang out for awhile. She is worn out and sleeping soundly in her crate. She met lots of new doggie & human friends on our adventures. I really enjoy hanging out with her in the evenings.

Bruce got home right when we did. He said there was an accident on I-95 which held him up, so he's beat. It is always nice to have him back home after a 4.5 day absence. We plan to spend some family time tomorrow evening at the Misners celebrating Independence Day. We always enjoy our time over there so much, it's very relaxing and peaceful. And there are always gin & tonics & good beer "-)

So, time to relax a bit. This week at work wasn't too terrible, but it was hectic enough. No matter how much I love my work, a bad day at home is better than a good day working!!

2 comments:

Kevin Cole said...

Aw man, I meant to make myself a virgin apple-tini after work today, and forgot... well there's always tomorrow.

Margie said...

You know, I like the taste of the fun mixed drink flavors better than the alcohol, so virgin drinks are fine with me! Of course, sometimes I enjoy the addition of rum or tequila or gin, but I don't have to have it! Seriously, I don't... yea.