Friday, July 11, 2008

One week down, two to go

It's been a crazy busy week, but it's ending, thank goodness! Tori will finish her first full week of Driver's Ed today and I think that she's getting more out of it than either of us imagined she would. Yesterday, the instructor had them stand out by Motter Avenue and just observe drivers' habits. And let me tell you, she says it wasn't pretty! No turn signals, people not observing road rules in the least. It was a great idea and a great lesson. She says that most people just stared at the group of kids alongside the road, taking their eyes off of the road far longer than safe. Wow.

Rehearsals for Mattress are going pretty well. The show should be cute. I'm helping with costuming, which is a huge stretch for me. As Bruce accurately observed I am not nor have I ever been a "Becky Home-Ec-y" and at age 44 I should know by now how to say NO when asked to do something I really don't want to do. But I remain, as ever, an idiot.

I continue to enjoy Lucy every day. She has been going into Citizens with me in the afternoons while Tori is in driver's ed, and she is a big hit with everyone. She is just such a happy, lovable girl. The residents smile and just ooh and aah over her cuteness. How can anyone be unhappy around a warm puppy???

Well, I have to run and get in to the facility. Maybe they'll have a bed for me to take a nap in today...... Well, one can always dream, can't one?!??

No comments: