Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thoughts, for what they're worth

You know it's going to be a good day when you got a full night of sleep to start it off...Lucy slept through the night!!! It didn't hurt that I took her to Baker Park while Tori was in rehearsal. Right off the bat, I ran into Carolynn Ashoff and her bf Josh and his siblings at the tennis courts. They spent about 30 minutes playing with Lucy and wearing her partially out.

Then Lucy and I walked the whole perimiter of that part of Baker Park - she walked on the leash nearly the whole way - what a stout puppy!!! Of course there were the requisite "oohs" and "aahs" from people along the way. She approached everyone she met with wags and puppy kisses. What a good girl! But boy was she ever worn out in total by the time we went back to the studio to pick Tori up. And she retired to her crate at about 10 p.m. and was still in there, quiet as a mouse, when I got up at 5:15 - yipppeee!

Now if I could just get her to stop playing with shoes and play only with her many toys....which she is now in the process of removing from her crate one-by-one and attacking - good dog!

So only two more days of work and then REHOBOTH! I am so excited. We're going much earlier than usual this year, which is nice in a way. The water won't be as warm and I practically live in the ocean and on the beach reading, so that will be interesting. I will just be so glad to recharge my batteries. Spending time with some of my favorite people in the world - Ruthie has become so much more than a close friend - she's a confidante, a healer, a breath of fresh air when I'm getting whacko about things out of my contol. And Sam is coming! For three or four whole days! It's rare anymore that we get to spend more than a few hours together. Life just gets in the way. So my bestest buddy since we were 14 (well, she was 14 when we met but I was still a young 13 for several weeks. she is, after all, older than I!) and I will get to spend a chunk of time hanging out. 30 years older, 30 years wiser, three kids between us, still crazy after all these years (wait, isn't that a song?). Can you say sangria and margaritas?!?!?

Ahhh, I am sooooo ready!

1 comment:

Kevin Cole said...

It is a song! You guys are lucky, while you're at the beach I'm gonna be out building houses at a church retreat. Which tends to be fun but still Beach Vs. house building, I think it's clear who the winner is.