Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer in Full Swing

The clematis is blooming out front, so I know that it is, indeed, full out summer.

On another note, can I just say how proud I am of Tori for being such an amazing pet mom. She is sleep-deprived and elated to have Lucy here, just like any mom. It is so cute to watch her with the puppy. In addition, she is caring so carefully for the cats and the guinea pig. It's a lot to keep up with - food & water, litter box, cage maintenance. And she's juggling it all so well. Plus helping with laundry and dishes and general clean-up around here. All while basically sleepwalking. Lucy sleeps in short spurts and needs to go out pretty frequently, so this teenager, who usually sleeps until noon or 1 on her days off, has been up every 2-3 hours through the night and then up at 5 a.m. to start her day. I have told her to sleep when the puppy sleeps, but she can't seem to get on that schedule. So, she's going on 3-4 hours of real sleep a night. But she's not complaining. She loves this dog!

I changed my schedule around so I'm off today and Monday. Thought I'd sleep in this morning - haha! I was up, as usual, at 4:45, so I took over Lucy duty. It will be nice to have today to get some stuff done around the house, then I'm going to the Orioles game tonight with my sister, cousin, & niece. We're sitting right behind 1st base, near the Oriole dugout. There's a ceremony honoring Earl Weaver tonight, too, so I feel lucky to be able to see that. I love Earl!

Then work Saturday & Sunday, but maybe it won't be too bad. OK, I'm determined it won't be too bad! There. It'll be fine.

No comments: