Saturday, June 28, 2008

Since when does it take 8 hours to get from Rehoboth to Unionville?!?!?





Since Tori's car is old and overheated and needed to be towed to Roche in Libertytown. Yes, it was a fun-filled ride home. No drama until we stopped for gas in Clarksville. Pulling away from the pump, I noticed that the temperature gauge was awfully far toward the red section. Crap. Call Bruce, ask what to do. Then the girls see a Jiffy Lube and we pull in. They take a look, replace some coolant, say it's either the thermostadt or the water pump. I should not drive home the remaining 33 miles unless I stop every so often to dump water on the engine. OhhhhhKaaayyyy....


We go get 3 gallons of water from a convenience store/gas station. They have a car repair shop there, but it closes at 1 on Saturday and it's now 2. Crap again. I call Bruce back, and he's hesitant for me to try the drive and drench method of keeping the car cool enough. Meanwhile, a guy who is a mechanic comes over to take a look, declares it's the thermostadt (thank goodness, much cheaper than a water pump...) A $2 part, it's "right there" (he points to the location near the engine). I call Bruce back and ask if he wants to buy the thermostadt and drive out to Clarksville to see if he can install it. He says sure. We hunker down to wait.


He arrives, and the thermostadt is NOT "right there" - we look everywhere it should be and can not find where the old one is/new one should go. I call a tow truck, and while I wait (ultimately about 75 minutes) for it to arrive to tow the car to Libertytown, Bruce rescues the girls and gets them home (thank goodness - they were getting antsy). So, 6 p.m. arrival at home it is. $207 later. Crap a third time.


But, I'm home. We had a most amazing week in Rehoboth. Perfect weather (well, all but one day). Perfect company. Perfect down time from work. Perfect in most every way. Above are a few of my very favorite pictures from among the 400 or so now on my computer. More on my Facebook, so go check 'em out. I still have to make another album becaue the limit is 60 pictures and I had too many I wanted to put up.


Oh, and on the drive my driving (left) arm got a terrible sunburn. It hurts! And Lucy had doubled in size in just one short week. We just went and picked her up from Carol & Bob's in Creagerstown. She seems glad to be home, but she looks so much more like an adult dog....


More later after I drink my gin & tonic and get some sleep......

No comments: