Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday musings


Ahhhh, a Monday when I don't have to be at work. Nice. I am up early anyway because a certain puppy spent the first full night in her crate, and she did well from 11-3:30, but then from 3:30-6 she cried the whole time. I managed to ignore her and sleep some, but it wasn't a good sleep. I made Tori get up once, around 4:30, to see if she needed to go out (which she did), but mostly she just had separation anxiety. She is a major social animal - loves people (so come meet her if you haven't yet!). This is great, except for in the wee hours. Then it sucks!


So I have stuff to do around the house, and I'm heading out to Sam's Club with Ruthie some time this morning to buy basics for the beach (6 days and counting down!). Then, of course, Tori has Once Upon a Mattress rehearsal tonight. Yuk. And I've gotten myself backed into helping with costuming. Yes, you read that right. I, who can not sew a stitch, am helping with costumes. They swear it's just help with taking measurements (which I shouldn't be able to screw up too badly) and maybe hand sewing a few hems (which I can manage). Still. The one thing I've always avoided and I got conned into feeling guilty enough to help with it. I must love FtP.


Even though I really do love my job, any day not working is a good day. I plan to enjoy it, and I'll see if there's anything more exciting to post another day. Meanwhile, I've also posted a new picture of Lucy above for your viewing pleasure...

3 comments:

Kevin Cole said...

I have to agree, I like my job, but I much perfer not working... Or rainy days when I do work, because then less people come in.

Margie said...

Really? You get fewer customers when it rains? Interesting...We're busy at Citizens no matter what the weather. Which is nice for the residents who get visitors.

Kevin Cole said...

yeah, well I actually was supposed to work last night, but I got a call at like 3:50 saying they didn't need me to come in, probably because it was to slow and looked like it was going to rain.