Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Friday!

Fridays are generally something I look forward to, but in the nursing home business, they can be the most stressful and hectic day of the week - the hospitals try to discharge as many people as possible prior to the start of the weekend, so we sometimes get slammed. Not that admissions are a bad thing - I love 'em - but they create a lot of work for my colleagues and me. I just wish they were spread out more during the 5 weekdays to create more balance, but see, there I go wishing for things beyond my control again.....

So today was pretty busy at work, but I got home at a decent time (after quick stops at Scrapbooks & More and the Safeway). Wait - is there ever a quick stop at a scrapbooking store? Well, hey, I got out of there for less than $20 since they're having a 30% off sale on everything all weekend. And I got some cool stuff!

Anyway, as I strongly believe in child labor, I put Tori to work getting dinner started before I got home and threw the salad together once I got here. Bruce went out and harvested fresh lettuce from my small garden plot, and that is always nice - fresh salad just says "spring/summer" like not much else.

So, pretty mundane info today, but they can't all be gems, now can they?!? I'm looking forward to a great, relaxing weekend!

No comments: