Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot Enough For Ya'??

OK, so I HATE this heat & humidity. That being said, I know I'm in for a lot more of it before this summer fades into fall. Oh well. I'll just have to deal!

Tori and I went to the Frederick Festival of the Arts yesterday to browse around a little bit before our shift volunteering for the FtP table. There weren't a lot of people down there, folks. The art this year was amazing. I wanted to buy one whole booth out. They had the most amazing bowls, utensils, pitchers, and margarita glasses and I wanted to outfit my whole kitchen with cool new stuff. Alas, my wallet did not want to cough up enough cash for me to be able to make this dream come true! I did get Sam a cool 45th b-day gift, though. And I'll be able to give it to her at the beach since SHE'S JOINING US FOR A FEW DAYS -- YEA!

We tried to support Team Charlie from Linganore H.S. by going to see their one-act play at the 72 Play Fest at the Cultural Arts Center. Bought our tickets, settled in, enjoyed half of the Frederick High School group's performance (it was really impressive!), then - uh oh - power outage. Whole of downtown and then some. Crap. Play Fest rescheduled. Those poor writers/directors/performers worked so hard on their plays, and then circumstances beyond their control wrecked things. Sorry, guys. We wanted to be there for you....!

So it was a nice weekend in all. Jesse's graduation party Saturday night was a lot of fun, too. But now it's time to head back to work. I'd better get moving!

No comments: