Thursday, June 5, 2008

Beauty in a Garden






I got to spend an hour or so with my friend, Ruthie, at her beautiful place nearby. She has a huge property full of gardens, animals, and ponds, so it's a great place to go to relax and regain perspective on life. Doesn't hurt that she's the type of friend who loves me no matter what she knows about me and she doesn't ever judge me. Makes it very easy to be me there.



So she just showed me around and we looked at all of the blooming flowers, the ducks (there were two mamas sitting on nests!), and just enjoyed each others' company. I took several photos, some of which I'm posting here - see what I mean?! What an awesome place!



I feel much more relaxed and positive about things now. I realize that I can't control anyone's behavior but my own, but sometimes it's easier to accept that than at other times. I may feel badly about a situation that I had nothing to do with, or wish that I could make people treat each other more kindly. But ultimately, I can't do anything to change those things. I can change my outlook and not feel so badly that my mood is shot.



So enjoy the pictures, and may you find positive perspective, too!



No comments: